Search This Blog

Saturday, May 7, 2011

first day out

 Well we are at the day I get my first pan and gold. Thanks to My wife that is. How I located My spot in the stream and and how the day went.

   On Saturday My Wife and I decided to go for a drive to Bath, N.H. After a lot of online reading and YouTube videos this seamed like the right place to get started. The destination was twin river camp ground for a pan and permission. This is what i read in some online blogs and videos. So off to rout 3 , 93 north then rt. 112 in Lincoln, N.H. After some great views in the White Mt. National Park We drive beside the wild Ammonoosuc River and finally the campground in site. I go in and start talking to the man at the counter I need a pan and what else do you think I need to get started I ask. So here is my starting equipment list.

14 inch gold pan (green)
1 Sniffer bottle
tweezers (not needed I just did)
1 Glass vile 
1 Gold magnet (take out the black sands)

Also 

1 permission slip to use there land to prospect.

   Now with all the Gear in hand I go up the road to where I was told i could get started and from there 1 mile upstream. At this time my wife stays in the truck not willing to go down the bank (she just had her knee surgery) I looked for a rock to dig behind and found what I wanted, well 3 pans later I now have 6 or 7 flakes and little specs of gold (Flower gold)

   My wife not being an out doors girl needed a rest room so a short day was at hand. To the Old Brick Store in town we go a great ice cream shop next door where she could use the rest room and we had a small ice cream. now the wife wants to go to the Cabot cheese factory.  Well this day was great, some good time with the wife "Gold" in my vile what more could i ask for on the first trip out.

   At home that night I decided to see what i had in my vile. with a white plate and a butter knife I set out to see what I have in the vile. Fools Gold (Pyrite) looks like gold but will crush and shatter when pressed with my butter knife and the real Gold will not. Well at the end I had One little Peace of flower gold in my vile. Better safe then sorry I say.

   So now i wait till next week to go and prospect some more but My wife will not be going. (Her decision)
No Gold fever yet just the desire to get out there and try for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment