Search This Blog

Saturday, May 28, 2011

New sluice box

   This was a good week for me, I made some good cash this week and was in a spot to get a sluice box this week and stay over for some extra time prospecting. Got to know some great people at the twin river camp ground.

   Thursday night i drove to Bath, N.H. and got myself a 36 inch sluice box from the twin river store and a camp site for the night. It was late in the afternoon so I decided to wait and get started in the am. I set my tent up grabbed my pillow and blanket and then was thinking about the air bed I forgot at home. I have to say that by 4 am with thunderstorms a lot of rain, it was some thing I was thinking about a lot. Well no sleep this night and as soon as light was good to take my tent down i was on the way for a coffee at Dunkin Donuts in town, I got 2 large coffee's and on the way to the water.

   The water level was down this week and I could get to the same spot I was at weeks before. I was not getting rich but it was a steady giver of small gold. and as a new prospector I was willing to be happy with that. This week would be more of the same the first bucket gave gold in the sluice box black mat so now the drive to dig more comes. No sleep worked it's way in a few hours later and 3 more buckets. i did my clean up and was happy to go home again with some gold.

   The day Doug had also shown up with his dredge and I stayed a while as he did a clean up to see how my friend did. I think he did ok but not as well as the first week we met up there. I also got to know some others from the camp ground that were at the water. One man and his child from CT. was there to get some gold Great to talk to I Hope he did well. He has the sluice box rented for Sunday from the camp ground so He should of get some thing.

   So more friends and collar in the vile even with the restless night i still had a great time and cant wait to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment