Search This Blog

Saturday, June 4, 2011

A new spot

   Well we are one week away from Little Dig 2 as posted on Jim's Blog. This sounds like great fun for a new guy looking for know more about the hobby I now love. Or the sickness Known as Gold Fever. But that's still a week from now so I have to go.

   I set up in the same hole I have been working for 2 other weeks and the first bucket is great I dare say it doubled all gold given to date. Then as with every thing else it must come to and end. 2 buckets of nothing in the black mat. It's getting late so I decide to pack it up and pan some spots looking for some thing new. I say good bye to yet another man I got to know that day John and go off to a place i walked over my first time ever there. I only bring my little shovel and my pan. I dig a little hole fill my pan , clean the roots out good and pan it down. Wow 10 to 15 collars looking back at me. mainly flower gold but some small flakes and in my brain I am already foaming out the mouth waiting for next week so i get a hole day not just 5 min. The Bugs are getting to me and no time to play all day so off i go to home and try to pass the time with life till next week.

   I hope to get to know more prospectors this coming week see you all at little dig 2 6/10/2011 to 6/12/2011. But here is my take to date not much but it makes me smile to know I got it my self.

No comments:

Post a Comment