Search This Blog

Friday, June 17, 2011

Tips and Blabbing

   Just want to share some times and lessons I have learned in my short time of prospecting. I hope it can help others and I invite comments The will share your lessons.

   1) Always look where your walking and whats around you. Poison ivy is a great way to make a week longer waiting to go out again. but also other people rocks deal tree's and thing around you that may harm you or your items. Myself Poison ivy got my my first week reel bad where I was digger had it all over. I was not paying attention and the plants fell into the water of my whole. Well the oils was onto the water and ever time I went in for more it layered my arm. it's all gone now but I lesson none the less.

   2) Always do a proper clean up. I was digging a while for 3 weeks and every week it gave gold. On week 3 it gave the first bucket full of nice gold I was happy. I did my clean up of my sluice box and got back to work well 2 buckets later NOTHING in my black matting. It was late and i was disappointed so i did not even clean it up just sat it in my truck and went home. 3 days later waiting for a friend I tap all the dry sands out of my sluice box and pan'ed it with a jug of water in the back of my truck. well well 2 nice flakes of gold one being the vary nice and close the the biggest i have to date. So I hope this will help you keep all your gold.

   3) Hole stealing & Respecting others. This is not a to say you own the lands but i good way to keep friends and keep making new ones. The hole i had for 3 weeks and i did not full it in was because i am coming back and i like to treat all holes like that. if i fill in my hole it is then fare game for the next one to dig because i am done. If a hole is NOT filled in the just pretend the person will be back to it. there are a lot of places to dig.
  Lets pretend for a minute that you got prospecting for the day. you dig you whole and spend the whole day moving big rocks and are just getting to the bottom but it's getting late. You go home and are coming back in the morning to get the goods at the bottom of your hole. so the next day you get up have your coffee thinking of what could be there waiting for you. When you get there I am in your hole digging away you look in my sluice box and it's got great gold in it. I would think your vary mad at this point (Not all would be some may walk away) depending on how you are this is bad, each of use just lost a new friend and the trust of each other you lost gold and with some people it could end in a fight. Just think of all the feelings this story could bring up on ether side.
   This will NEVER be me in the hole Because of my rule. So lets make friends and all get gold.

4) Always look out for each other. If you get hurt bad and i can see you i will be there to help in any way i can. i hope you will do the same for me. when we are a lone out there a lot can happen working together to keep each other safe and save a life and family from a lot of pain. So I have your back i hope you have mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment